Yahoo! Mail has always been a powerhouse and Yahoo Mail sign up a highly-requested task. One of the first web-based email services to hit the Internet and a trailblazer in receiving, sending and filtering emails, Yahoo! Mail remains one of the easiest and best ways to stay connected and organized, anytime, anywhere.
Today, Yahoo! Mail’s one billion active users per month rank it as one of the world’s most popular email services. The portal has evolved over the years and a Yahoo.com Mail account now offers access to an extensive suite of services that includes everything from Yahoo! Mail, News, and Finance to Flickr and cloud storage.
The newest version of Yahoo! Mail features enhanced functionality paired with a clean design, intuitive inbox and lightning-fast speed to make getting through your emails faster and easier than ever before.
Still don’t have an account? What are you waiting for? There’s no better time than now to sign up for Yahoo Mail – simply follow the hassle-free steps below from your computer, smartphone or tablet to access everything Yahoo! Mail has to offer.
Yahoo Mail Sign Up process
1. To start with the Yahoo Mail Sign Up, just go to Yahoo! When you’re ready to create your account, go to login.yahoo.com and click “Mail” at the top of the page. You’ll be taken to the Yahoo! Mail sign in page; since you don’t have an account yet, click “Sign up” at the bottom of the form. You can also visit the Yahoo Mail sign up page directly.
2. Enter your information. You’ll be asked to provide some basic personal information, including your full name, phone number, and date of birth. Providing your gender is optional.
You will also need to pick a Yahoo! username (which will serve as your email address followed by @yahoo.com) and a password, which must be at least eight characters long. If the username you choose is unavailable, a message will pop up saying that an account already exists under this name and will prompt you to choose a new one.
3. Check that all your information is correct. Once you’ve entered all the required information, check that everything is correct and click “Continue”.
4. Verify your phone number. For your safety, Yahoo! will ask you to verify your phone number. Two options are available for your convenience: select “Text me with an Account Key” to receive a SMS with a verification code, or select “Call me with an Account Key” and Yahoo! will call the number provided with the code.
Enter the Account Key you receive and click “Verify”.
5. Get started. Success! Your account is live and you now have your own Yahoo! Mail username. Click “Let’s get started” to start accessing your favorite Yahoo services.
6. Finish setup. You’ll be taken to your Yahoo! Mail inbox and asked to finish setup. If you prefer, you can also choose to finish setup later.
A number of options are available to help you tailor your account, including:
- Connect your Gmail and other inboxes to your Yahoo! account for easy emailing all in one place.
- Enable notifications for new emails.
- Install the Yahoo! mobile app: mobile is everything these days, and installing Yahoo! Mail’s mobile app provides a consistent look, feel and features across all devices.
Having an account also makes it possible for you to create a personalized homepage with customizable content. Simply click on “Home” at the top of the page to explore the endless ways you can customize your Yahoo! services.
7. Sign in. The next time you want to sign in to your account, simply go to the Yahoo! sign in page, enter your Yahoo! ID (everything before the “@” symbol), then click “Next”. Enter your password and then click “Sign In” to access all of your favorite Yahoo! services.