Yahoo! Mail has consistently ranked among the top web-based email services on the market. It was one of the first to offer end-to-end email services and today, with one billion active users a month, remains one of the most popular portals worldwide.
Creating a Yahoo! Mail account now delivers much more than just the ability to receive, send and filter emails – users can now use their Yahoo! account credentials (email address and password) to access an entire suite of Yahoo-owned web-based services like Flickr and messenger.
Ready to create a new Yahoo! Mail account? The process is quick and easy – simply follow these instructions from any device and you’ll be on your way to discovering Yahoo’s intuitive inbox, clean design and quicker-than-ever speed.
How to create a Yahoo Mail account
1. Open your browser and go to the Yahoo sign up page. You can search for “yahoo mail” in your browser to bring up the page where you can create a Yahoo! Mail account. You can also enter www.yahoo.com, or login.yahoo.com directly in the search bar and you’ll be taken to Yahoo!; click on “Mail” at the top of Yahoo’s homepage or the blue “Sign Up” button on the login page to start creating your account.
2. Enter the required information and pick a username and password. Begin with entering your first and last name, your birthday, and your phone number. Make sure you complete all required fields.
Next, you will be asked to enter a username for your Yahoo! account. Your username followed by @yahoo.com will be your Yahoo! Mail ID and will give you access to both email and a range of other Yahoo! services. Your username can be any set of letters, numbers, and other symbols and Yahoo! will suggest a few combinations based on your first and last names.
Your password must be at least eight characters long; using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols will make your password stronger.
3. Check your info and continue. Make sure that all the information you’ve entered is correct and that you are happy with your new username and password. Click on the “Continue” button to finish creating your Yahoo! Mail account.
4. Verification code. Yahoo! will verify your phone number to complete the process. This is the number that you entered in the previous step; Yahoo! will send information to this number if you ever forget your username or password.
Click on “Text me with an Account Key” if you would like to have a verification code sent to your phone. If you would rather Yahoo! call you with the code, click on the “Call me with an Account Key” link.
Once you receive your Account Key, enter it in the space provided and click “Verify”.
5. Let’s get started. To begin using Yahoo! Mail and start exploring everything the service has to offer, simply click on the “Let’s get started” button and you’re ready to go.
6. Finish setup and sign in. You can immediately access your Yahoo! Mail inbox to finish setup or select the option to finish setup at a later time. If you are asked to sign in, use your newly created Yahoo! username and password to access your favorite Yahoo! services and to tailor your account to your needs: enter your credentials and then click “Sign In”.